Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Right Bag

Helloooooo - Did you know that your shape can affect how a bag looks on you when you carry it?


Imagine a petite girl carrying an oversized bag (remember those ?)  -  now, because of the size of the bag and the junk we put in those bags,surely this is going to outweigh the petite girls entire appearance and she won’t have a seamless put together look.

So the next time you go shopping for a new bag make sure you buy a bag that compliments your shape or in some cases make "the outfit”.

It is important to carry a bag that is proportionate to your size, however, there are always some exceptions:

If you are a larger woman and want to carry a small clutch, make sure its a color or a pattern that is bold - a bold look will help a small purse stand out against a bigger frame and for a small frame make sure the bag's colors and patterns are subtle so that it doesn’t take over your look.

Now, keep in mind that sometimes bags also enhance your shape. In current fashion, we have different bags that sit on different parts of the body- we have the bags that sit under the arms, the ones that cross around the body (the Crossbody bag) and for my touristy folks the ones that sit on your hips (the Fanny pack). So when choosing a bag, remember to take into consideration where the bag will sit on your body.

Ultimately, you want to carry a bag that will balance your shape.

Below are a few of my favorite bags. What are your favorite bags let me know? – Till next time my dears remember to stay in a fashion state of mind



Fanny Pack




A "cooler" way to perhaps carry the fanny pack




Alexander Mcqueen Bag - I love this bag



What do you think of this bag? Does it look to much like a doctor's bag?
What NOT to do



Black Feather Clutch








Hermes Birkin Bag
Michael Kors Hamilton bag - ( I know a Birkin look allike but I lurve it)
LAMB clutch
Vintage Judith Leiber clutch
Oldie but a goodie







I think I prefer this color and pattern better than the previous one
Louis Vuitton Gold Clutch








6 comments:

  1. I love love the Michael Kors Bag!!! Gorgeous! Good tips! I'm still not sure if I can rock the "fanny pack"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with the Alexander McQueen bag...as for the Hermes Birkin, that's on the my bag-bucket list. Some day we will meet =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loves that LV Clutch! Hot!
    I don't understand the fascination with the birkin bag, it's actually quite regular looking... I think its all hype o.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya, I have to agree with you on the Birkin. I don't understand the fascination either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you say it like that then yeh the Birkin does seem just like a regular bag - but a cute regular bag though you must admit -

    Yes the fanny pack not sure if I can rock it either - but the model is wearing the heck out of it and actually looks cute on her

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Birkin is just one of those bags you have to add to your collection...for some it's the common LV bag with the monogram, for others, it's the less common Birkin. Yeah, it might be a regular bag, but it's sooo worth it and it is cute. :o)

    ReplyDelete